Innocent Adolescence First Clothing Made by Kinan Kawuryan

7/8/17


      


I am not going to put the brand name of the clothes I'm wearing in this post.





BECAUSE I AM THE ONE WHO MADE THEM WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS!

Yknow, I've been doing basic fashion design course for around three months at YCIFI. I'm joining their second batch after helped some friends from first batch as their model for their final project (see this and this!)

I learned everything from making moodboards to sewing (sewing is hard, you should raise your tailor's salary) and this is the final output. I took Innocent Adolescence as my main theme. I want to make something that represents early phase of adolescence, when there's revelation to adulthood yet still has strong bound to childhood phase. Naive yet curious, soft yet brave, young yet mature.









I know people may think I am narcissist for wearing the clothes that I made myself but if only they know, the thing that excites me about fashion is the feeling of wearing nice clothes myself. I love seeing nice clothes and it excites me if I could wear them too.

I realized there are still more room to improve, but since I have no experience whatsoever to sewing, I could say I am proud of myself for successfully completing my first clothing. I am planning to develop my this theme into one complete collection once I got myself a sewing machine.


Images were nicely taken by Ardyanto Gunawan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home